Sage 50 Accounting Software
Sage 50 has got a standing of one of the best software in the marketplace in the present times. This has enhanced its reputation because the features related to the software make working on this software extremely easy even for people who do not come from accounting background.
Causes & Resolution on Sage 50 Not Opening
Sage 50 has unlocked new perceptions of dealing with the bookkeeping operations for both the small and medium sized companies. The Sage 50 accounting software has become the favored choice of the trade because of the exceptional features that it offers to the users.
Despite the fact the Sage software cuts down on time and energy in handling the financial processes, errors and some minor glitches do crop up at times.
One of the most common errors that the users of Sage 50 face is the ‘Sage 50 cannot be started’ error.
This error message can appear in different forms:
- Error: “Sage 50 cannot be started. Please reboot your computer or click Help for more information”
- Error: “Sage 50 Accounting could not be started. Please try again. If you continue to have problems, call Customer Support.”
- Sage 50 cannot start
- Unable to open program
- Sage 50 accounting could not be started
Some of the most common reasons that can lead to this error are:
- If the data path is incorrect
- If the files in the data path are damaged or missing
- If the program files are damaged
- If the program is running in compatibility mode
- If the shortcut is damaged
- If the Windows User Profile is damaged
Resolve Sage 50 Cannot be Started Error byfollowing these steps:
Uncheck the compatibility settings
- Click on the Sage 50 shortcut and go to Properties
- Click the Compatibility tab then click Change settings for all users
- Ensure the option ‘Run this program in compatibility mode’ is not checked
- Click OK to return to Sage 50 shortcut Properties window
- Click OK to complete the process
Check data path permissions
- Press Windows key + R
- Type ‘useraccountcontrolsettings’ then click OK
- Move the slider bar to Never notify then click OK
- Click yes when prompted and then restart the computer
- Press Windows Key + R
- Type ‘services.msc’ then click OK
- Click on the Pervasive PSQL Workgroup Engine and select Restart
- Double click on the Pervasive PSQL Workgroup Engine and select the Recovery tab
- Select Restart the Service in the First failure and Second failure drop down boxes
- Set the Reset Fail Count to reset after one day then click OK to complete the process
- Check if Sage 50 opens without error
Run the program as Administrator
- Right click on the Sage 50 icon and select
- Click on the Compatibility
- Select Run as administrator then click ok
The users could sometimes come across intricate technical hitches or some other distinctive problems when they are working with the Sage software that would be best handled by professionals who can reach to the source of the problem and run a series of tests to conclude with the best solution to the error.
Dial our toll-free number to get in touch with our Sage specialists who can help fix the error message within minutes to keep your business up and running. Our Sage 50 customer expert technicians are available round the clock to ensure minimum downtime and maximum business efficiency.